These quick lunchtime fixes full of goodness will keep you feeling full all afternoon! Try these easy recipes from Slimming World today…
Crustless squash mini quiches
Serves 2 (makes 6)
Ready in 35 minutes, plus cooling
- 125g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 50g baby leaf spinach
- 1 roasted red pepper in brine from a jar, cut into small chunks
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 5 medium eggs
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Pickled baby beetroot from a jar, drained, to serve
- Lettuce leaves, to serve
Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
Put the squash, 2 tbsp water and some seasoning in a medium non-stick saucepan. Cover and cook over a low heat for about 5 minutes or until tender. Uncover, add the spinach and leave to wilt. Cool slightly then stir in the red pepper and spring onions.
Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the paprika, ½ tsp salt and some pepper and beat well with a fork.
Spray 6 compartments of a non-stick muffin tin with low-calorie cooking spray. Divide the squash mixture between the compartments, pour in the eggs and bake for 20 minutes or until set.
Remove the muffin tin from the oven and leave the quiches to cool for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the quiches from the tin, running a round-bladed knife around the edge of any that need a bit of encouragement. Leave to go cold.
Pack the quiches into 2 lunchboxes or bento boxes along with the beetroot and lettuce leaves. Cover, chill and serve the next day.
Hot-smoked salmon caesar salad
Ready in 20 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 4 back bacon rashers, all visible fat removed
- 2 Little Gem lettuces, leaves separated
- 200g hot-smoked salmon, skin and bones discarded, flaked
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
For the dressing
- 5 tbsp fat-free natural Greek yogurt
- 25g watercress sprigs, large stalks discarded
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Grated zest and juice of ¼ unwaxed lemon
Preheat the grill to high.
Cook the eggs in a saucepan of boiling water until cooked to your liking (from 4 minutes for very soft to 10 minutes for very hard). Drain, cover with cold water and set aside.
Meanwhile, grill the bacon for 2-3 minutes on each side or until just cooked through. Remove and leave to cool, then cut into chunks.
Put all the dressing ingredients in a small food processor and whizz until smooth. Spoon into 2 small sealable pots, cover and chill until needed.
Shell the eggs and cut them into quarters. Spread out the lettuce leaves in 2 lunchboxes and scatter over the salmon, tomatoes, bacon, eggs and capers. Cover, chill and eat the next day, drizzling over the dressing just before serving.
Serves 1 (makes 5)
Ready in 30 minutes
- 60g canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- ½ tbsp medium curry powder (or more if you like it hot)
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- ½ small onion, thinly sliced
- 30g finely shredded carrot
- 30g cauliflower florets, thinly sliced and roughly chopped
- 30g finely shredded courgette
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 100g fat-free natural Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped fresh mint salad, to serve
Put the chickpeas in a small food processor with the egg, curry powder, garlic and ½ tsp salt. Blitz to a batter-like consistency, tip into a mixing bowl and stir in all the vegetables.
Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Using 2 forks, scoop up about one-fifth of the pakora mixture, drop it into the pan and repeat twice more. Flatten slightly with a fork and cook for 2½ minutes on each side or until cooked through and golden. Transfer to a plate and repeat to make 2 more pakoras. Leave to cool.
Mix the yogurt, mint and a little seasoning in a sealable pot.
Transfer everything to a lunchbox. Cover, chill and eat with salad the next day.
All recipes are taken from Slimming World’s collection. Join your local Slimming World group or sign up online for even more recipes, guidance and support. To find your nearest group, visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk or call 0344 897 8000.
©Slimming World 2019
‘Slimming World’ is a registered trademark of Miles-Bramwell Executive Services, trading as Slimming World.
Images: Slimming World/Alex Luck
Discover more yummy Slimming World recipes here!