With the highly anticipated Beauty and the Beast movie hitting cinemas tomorrow, we just had to share these fab tips on how to achieve timeless Belle-style hair…
Disney fans everywhere, this one’s for you! To celebrate the launch of the exciting new Beauty and the Beast film, Celebrity hair stylist Edward James is sharing his top tips for re-creating Emma Watson’s beautiful Belle look for your big day.
Follow the step-by-step guide below and check out our gallery of gorgeous half-up half-down hair ideas to inspire you.
- With freshly washed hair, apply a light volumising product, like AVEDA’s pure abundance™ style prep, to the crown of the head and a heat protectant, such as AVEDA’s smooth infusion™ style-prep smoother™, to the ends
- Blow dry your hair upside down, to create as much volume as possible
- After blow drying your hair, begin to smooth out your hair starting from the back, by using a large round brush
- Apply large Velcro rollers throughout the top of the hair whilst constantly blow drying to maintain maximum volume
- Whilst leaving the top hair to cool in the rollers, work your way through the rest of the hair using a curling wand, holding each section for just under 10 seconds, then hold the curl intact for 10 seconds before releasing it
- When finished, softly run your fingers through the hair or brush out softly without disturbing the volume and curl
- Next, leaving the sides out, softly take medium sized sections from the top of the head and pin to the back, creating a loose braid
- Ensure all pins are hidden and use a light hold hair spray for an elegant effect