Get in shape for the big day with these 7 top tips and scrummy recipes, from The Body Confidence Program…
Ex-cover girl, ADIDAS model and wellness expert; Ru-Tee Block has come up with a revolutionary new health and fitness program that’s perfect for brides-to-be – The Body Confidence Program. This exclusive plan is about lifelong fat-loss, learning how to be a healthier, leaner and more confident version of you in only 8 weeks, boasting a guaranteed 100% success rate.
Ru-Tee’s 7 tips for getting in shape for the big day:
- Start early! Eight weeks before the event, get into a regular habit of exercising 20 minutes intensively, three times a week maximum!
- Avoid gluten 48 hours before the ceremony, as well as on the day to avoid getting bloated.
- Make sure you eat breakfast! You have a long day ahead of you and this will make sure you keep in a great mood all day.
- Plan your food ahead: speak to your maid of honour to make sure they’ve organised food and snacks for you for the 24 hours leading up to the big day. This way you won’t get tempted to grab sugar-filled foods that will drive your energy down! Ideally, stick to high protein, and low carb.
- Drink water. Keep a 500ml bottle of still water continuously filled with you at all times.
- Sleep like a queen! The night before your wedding, go to bed by 10.30pm to make sure you recharge your batteries.
- Eat every four hours – this is key to keeping your energy levels stables throughout the big day.
Two fab recipes to try from the plan:
A recipe full of healthy fats – is a must for those preparing for the big day!
- 6 large salmon fillets with skin
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Bart’s Cajun seasoning
- Mixed leaf salad
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- Juice of 2 lemons
Coat the salmon with the seasoning. On a medium heat, heat the oil. Cook the salmon for about five minutes. Mix the cider vinegar and lemon and add to the mixed leaves. Serve!
SALMON FISH CAKES
- 500g cooked salmon, flaked
- 1 egg
- 1 sweet potato, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 tsbp wholegrain mustard (made with cider vinegar)
- 4 tbsp flaxseed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Lemon wedges to serve
- 1 tbsp coconut oil to grease the tin
- Pink himalayan salt (for seasoning)
- Black pepper ground (for seasoning)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4 / 350°F.
- Grease 2 muffin tins that hold 6 muffins each with coconut oil.
- Place the salmon in a bowl with the egg.
- Add the dill, mustard, flaxseed, lemon, sweet potato, salt and pepper and bind together with your hands.
- Divide the mixture between the 2 tins.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 12 minutes. Keep an eye on them so that they don’t burn!
- Serve 3 fish cakes per person with the wedges of lemon.
- Freeze the remaining cooked 6 fish cakes, which can be used for another meal or snack. To do this wrap the fish cakes individually in foil or cling film so they don’t stick together. They will freeze for up to 2 months. When re-heating, defrost thoroughly first.
For more information, success stories and to join up to the fab plan, visit thebodyconfidenceprogram.com today!