The experts at Girl Meets Brush share their quick vintage makeup tutorial, using the GMB Brush Set…
Girl Meets Brush is a range of 12 essential make-up brushes, from celebrity make-up artist, Lynne Mills to make applying make up simple! Check out the tutorial video and then follow the step-by-step guide below…
1) Firstly with the Foundation Brush apply a light-to-medium foundation coverage, apply concealer as required under the eyes and other areas with the Concealer Brush and blend well. Use light sweeping motions with the brush and then finish with a sponge to blend evenly.
2) With the Eyeshadow Shader Brush, apply some nude cream eyeshadow to the eyelids as a base for the eye makeup. Then with the Highlighter Brush use a light pearl highlighter to blend across brow bone and into the socket line – this will really help give a fresh open look to the eyes.
3) To create some definition to the socket use the Eyeshadow Blending Brush and blend a little medium brown/taupe eyeshadow into the crease lightly, finish this off by blending a little of the highlighter used just above on the brow bone to ensure it looks soft and flawless.
4) One of the most striking elements to this look is the eyeliner, using a black gel liner take the EyeLiner Brush and draw a line from the outer edge of your top lash line to the inner corner. Take this in 3 sections, the thickest part of the line first, then slightly thinner in the middle to the thinnest at the inner corner. It is easier to start at the outer edge & work from thicker to thinner to avoid smudging and mess!
5) The last part is to create the flick itself, which is easiest to be left until the end. To get the correct angle use the Eyeliner Brush to guide you by holding this upwards against your eye from the angle of your bottom lash line, this will give you the correct line to follow for the shape of your eye. Build from the edge of your line at the outer part of the eye, first in a small triangle at the outer edge and then gradually getting narrower – this will turn into a flick.
6) For natural but contoured cheeks, use the Blush/Contour Brush and by sucking in your cheeks add a little contour powder product just under the cheek bone and upwards towards the ear. Finish this by using the Powder Brush to add some natural pink/beige blusher to the apples of the cheeks. Set everything with a light translucent powder, again using the Powder Brush
7) Another striking element to this look is the bold red lips – using a good lip brush is essential. Start by lining the lips and then work inwards filling out the entire top and bottom lips. Do several coats to ensure it looks even and lasts well.
8) Define the brows by using our multi-purpose Angled Eyeliner Brush with some brow powder, make sure to really define the edges at either side of the eye so that it gives a striking but natural finish.
9) Finally to finish – use lashings of black mascara!
For more information and to get your hands on these fab brushes, visit girlmeetsbrush.co.uk!